Savor the flavors of the Adriatic
Our special Epicurean Wine Tours are for hobbyists and connoisseurs, who will be tantalized by the emerging wine industry and renaissance in Croatian cuisine . . .
We travel across continental Croatia, on to Istria and the southern islands of Dalmatia, tasting and meeting the vintners & chefs at the best boutique, traditional and organic wine makers and hidden restaurants. You’ll try Croatian varietals at their best in vertical and horizontal tastings and paired with local cuisine.
We’ll introduce indigenous wines from every region of Croatia such as Grasevina, Marastina, Bogdanusa, Plavac Mali, Posip, Dingac, Vugava, Malvazija & Traminac. And of course you’ll try the fabulous and home grown Proseks (Croatia’s Vin Santo), Grappas and pervasive Rakijas.
Here’s your chance to taste and buy world-class wines taste wines, which never leave their region.
All itineraries are customized to your preferences in wine, cuisine and travel.
Culinary & Wine Pairings
- Visit wineries in the continental Plesivica/Slavonia region.
- Follow the wine road of Istria (the Tuscany of Croatia). We’ll try selected wines from the over 120 Istrian wineries, the rich Istrian cuisine and the famous truffles. You’ll try indigenous Malvazia and Teran varietals.
- Sail to the Dalmatian islands, where we visit local wineries, witness the re-emergence of island vineyards and enjoy private wine pairings with local chefs . We’ll have the chance to pair indigenous Plavac Mali with fresh local cuisine prepared for us by some of the innovators of the new Dalmatian cuisine . . .
- Meet the master vintners and innovative garage wine makers. We’ll visit the vineyards sloping down to the sea, where the grapes are blessed 3 times by the sun – from the reflection of the sun reflection off the sea – from the white of the rocky soil.
- Explore the Peljesac peninsula, the Napa Valley of Croatia, where we will taste the famous Dingac wines, visit some of the best wineries in Croatia and see why the grapes along the steep coastal region in this area are so special.
- Visit Korcula and the Lumbarda region (one of the oldest wine growing regions in the Balkans) and try the native Grk and Posip wines paired with local southern Dalmatia cuisine.
- End our tour with wine tasting and pairing dinner in Dubrovnik old town.
Exclusive Cooking Classes
- Delve into famous Istrian cuisine in a private Art of Istria cooking class.
- Uncover the secrets of Croatian truffles with a local family, who share traditional cooking methods in their home.
- Learn the hidden skills of traditional Dalmatian cooking with our island chef
- Use Dalmatian herbs and local ingredients in an exclusive cooking class among the olive trees with the chef at the best farm-to-table restaurant on Hvar.
- Join master chef Ante in his kitchen in a tiny secluded bay, where you’ll arrive by sailing or motor yacht.
- Private tastings with local sommeliers
Tours of Premier Wine Regions
- Explore Continental Croatia in the famous Kutjevo & Zagorje wine regions, including pairing with local northern cuisine.
- Discover why Istria is the best know region in Croatia for wine & cuisine on a wine tour of award winning vintners with the best wines from indigenous varietals, particularly Teran & Malvasija.
- Meet the vintners with local master sommelier as your guide on a private wine tour on Hvar island
- Tour the Peljesac Wine Peninsula, the Napa Valley of Croatia, with local sommelier as your guide.
- Exclusive Chef’s table wine pairing in each region
- Overnight at select authentic boutique hotels, wine country estates, elegant seaside hotels
- Option to sail by motor or sailing yacht from Split to Dubrovnik – island hopping through the Split Archipelago and Elafiti islands
- Add an active component with day sailing, walking tours, hiking, biking & kayaking
- Choose your style – epicurian, expert or casual hobbiest